The island was discovered by the Portuguese in 1507 and was named after the reunion of the Portuguese king and queen. It was later colonized by the French and became a French overseas department in 1946. Reunion is a popular tourist destination due to its volcanic landscapes, beaches, and creole culture. The island is also home to the Piton de la Fournaise, one of the world’s most active volcanoes.
where is reunion island located
Reunion Island is located in the Indian Ocean, east of Madagascar and about 200 kilometers southwest of Mauritius.
What is a reunion map and how is it used?
A reunion map is a map of the island of Reunion. It is used to help people orient themselves and to find their way around the island.
Some interesting facts about Reunion Island include:
- The island was discovered by the Portuguese in 1507 and was named after the reunion of the Portuguese king and queen.
- It was later colonized by the French and became a French overseas department in 1946.
- Reunion is a popular tourist destination due to its volcanic landscapes, beaches, and creole culture.
- The island is also home to the Piton de la Fournaise, one of the world’s most active volcanoes.
Types of reunion maps
There are two main types of reunion maps: physical maps and political maps.
Physical maps show the natural features of an area, such as mountains, rivers, and lakes. Political maps show the boundaries between countries, states, and provinces.
The benefits of using a reunion map
There are many benefits to using a reunion map, including:
- – Orienting yourself on the island
- – Finding your way around the island
- – Planning your travel route
- – Learning about the geography of the island
- – Understanding the political boundaries of the island
- – Discovering the natural features of the island
How can I get a reunion map?
- There are many ways to get a reunion map, including:
- Buying a map from a bookstore or online retailer
- Downloading a digital map from the internet
- Using a mapping app on your smartphone or tablet
- Getting a map from the tourism office on Reunion Island
- Asking for a map at a hotel or rental car agency on the island
How to create a reunion map
There are many ways to create a reunion map, including:
- Drawing a map by hand
- Using mapping software to create a digital map
- Finding an existing map and tracing it
- Taking a picture of a map and scanning it
- Asking someone else to create a map for you
Tips for using a reunion map effectively
Here are some tips for using a reunion map effectively:
- Use a pencil or pen to mark your route on the map so you can easily see it later.
- Get a map that is large enough to be easily readable but not so large that it’s cumbersome to carry around.
- Choose a map that shows the type of information you’re interested in, such as physical features or political boundaries.
- If you’re using a digital map, zoom in and out to get different levels of detail.
- Save a copy of the map offline on your device so you can access it even if you don’t have an internet connection.
- Use the map to plan your travel route before you start your journey. This will help you avoid getting lost.
- Refer to the map often while you’re traveling so you know where you are and where you’re going.
- If you make a mistake while marking your route on the map, simply erase it and start again.